I tend to get a bit down on Sundays.
I've identified the following causes:
- Hangovers: If I drink too much Saturday night, my brain doesn't work properly on Sunday. I struggle with being productive and even just consuming entertainment, making the day feel pointless. If the preceding party ended in a less-than-ideal manner, that doesn't help, either.
- Loneliness: I often have plans on Friday and Saturday, but none on Sunday.
- Dreading work: After Sunday comes Monday. If I'm not looking forward to work, I can let it cloud my Sunday.
The fixes below seem obvious in hindsight, but they've taken me some time to find.
- Drink less on Saturday: Pretty obvious.
- Make plans with someone: I mostly arrange to meet in a coffee shop around midday. That way, I'm less lonely and have a reason to leave go outside. Many sleep in on Sunday, so it's best to make plans on Saturday or earlier, leading to less wasted time when Sunday comes.
- Do something productive: E.g. start on Monday's work, or work on some hobby. Today, I'm writing this.